View Single Post
Old 07-22-07, 01:52 PM   #9
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

You have a subchaser in your campaign_LOC file.

My campaign changes subchasers and minesweepers to "corvettes" (Type=1) so any old "type=0" or type=5 units will CTD it every time.

BTW, the harbor at truk should go away. I put the smallest harbors possible in, and if I can ever mod them in 3d, I'd put little more than a few piers. Truk Lagoon was an anchorage not a port facility.

The huge, european looking ports are a pet peeve of mine in SH4, sorry So I have ships at anchor there out in the lagoon. I have pictures, no real port facilities at all, they would have moved stuff ashore with lighters, etc.

Anyone wishing to use my campaign with this mod should simply remove vs4's Campaign_LOC.mis file and let mine be there instead (trusty me, my Truk is well defended --- I snuck in the other night to test, and even though I was silent running at 1 knot, I was harried by a subchaser and 2 minesweepers for 2 hours approaching the naval anchorage (the water just West of Moen) from the SW channel. They dropped dozens of DCs (none too close). Then they got near the anchored ships, and were blinking their semaphore lights. Which was apparently calling some DDs came to the party. I fired a long spead at the anchorage, damaging 2 cruisers and sinking a plane ferry, but was bottomed with a bad DCing for my trouble. I had just gotten repaired, and the dreaded "bottom damage" got me---I had tried to creep away earlier, and I had rung up 1 knot. When my prop shaft was fixed in TC, I started moving with the stern down from flooding, bounced a couple times and that was it.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote