View Single Post
Old 03-26-19, 11:09 AM   #12
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
When we first started Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition aanker put me in touch with Ed about Spyon. I asked him two things: to allow me to publish Spyron on Subsim so that it could be appreciated by the largest possible number of Silent Hunter players on the largest, most influential website. I promised that it would be done in his name with full credit to him as author.

Then I asked for his permission to adapt Spyron for use in FOTRSU, making it clear that because we added so many new ships to the game that ship references would have to be changed. All changes would be subject to his approval.

Ed turned us down flat saying that publication on any other site would be a violation of his copyright and he would never grant permission to any modders to use his property in any way.

I asked if he didn't want to provide the greatest service to the Silent Hunter community. He said he didn't care if nobody played his mod. I stopped trying to reason with him. He just doesn't seem to appreciate being appreciated. He has that right.
thanks for the update, RR.
i had reached out to Ed in an effort to get him to respond to Neal but he did not respond to me or Neal.
now, with your feedback, his intentions are much clearer.
did Ed share any info on the next/future site for Spyron?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote