View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 04:29 PM   #9799
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I doubt Westminster will give the green light so near to the previous one that Salmond said was a once in a lifetime event.

The potential problem there will be the risk of alienating more Scots to the point they'll join the leave camp but overall I think the Scots are currently sick of referendums.

What I find rather confusing is the fact that Sturgeon stood up in the Scottish Parliament and said Scotland will be a single country in its own right within the EU and a net payer to boot.

Rather strange when it has already been proven that without additional income from the exchequer the Scots can't raise enough in taxes to meet their financial needs.

Best I don't mention the facts they will not be allowed to keep the Pound Sterling (the Scottish financial institutions aren't viable enough to underwrite it) unlike the Bank of England and the second fact being the EU have already stated that a Brexit by the UK is just that, all four parts, meaning Scotland would have to reapply to a process that could take years (Turkey being a prime example).

All it would take is for EU to make one snide remark about the Scots are not the UK and refer to the fact that they aren't smart enough to leave the EU

Bam! Scotland would join England
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..