View Single Post
Old 02-14-17, 07:35 PM   #1278
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1786
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaman View Post
Question about the "keeping depth" with NYGM. Currently running SH3+NYGM+S.hie+STiebler+Commander. I read in the readme before installing that you "slowly" sink if you dont maintain some speed underwater.

After the start of my carreer (VIIB) I intercepted a convoy after 11 day's of patrolling. When attacking(undamaged) I tried to penetrate the convoy while silent running. I went from periscop depth to 80meters in about 3 minutes... to just maintain depth I had to go "halbe kraft voraus". This does not really feel historically correct... from 15 to 80 meters in under 5 minutes of slow running would mean that in reallity a u boat crew could not maintain silent running for more than 10 minutes before going into critical depth? I read in some threads that the "sinking" effect is made worse by the stieblers patch? Is this correct? I can't attack anything while submerged unless I keep half to max speed?

I have the "sabotage and malfunctions" enabled in commander. Could this be a sabotage feature?

Just to be sure, I am not trying to question the research by modders or other individuals. It just does not feel correct...
Thx in advance
It tells you in the NYGM users manual that the SABOTAGE and MALFUNCTION option in Sh3 Commander should not be used.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote