View Single Post
Old 05-09-09, 09:46 AM   #69
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
The key is not to do the same patterns that supported your smoking. Familiar surroundings and familiar patterns will work against you.
That is standard ALA advice and others mileage may vary but I personally didn't find it all that useful to me

The problem was that EVERYTHING is a smoking trigger and you just can't change or rearrange everything in your life.

Also it was far more basic than something that would be effected by switching the setting around a bit. For example it wasn't where or how I sat down in front of a computer that I got the urge, it was just that I sat down at one, regardless of location or seating or any other environmental detail i'd change. I just had to gut my way through it and that did work, but then I found it came back when I sat down in front of the computer in winter, then again in spring, then also when it turned summer.

I expect that when Rose and I move to the new house next month I'll get the urge again when I sit down at the computer over there even though it's been almost two years. But I'll beat that too because I still have my bag of "No"s.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote