View Single Post
Old 11-28-18, 01:59 PM   #7
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
In my opinion getting into DW and SH is easier and more accessible than getting into Cold Waters, as CW comes with many specific game designs not being logical or obvious to common sense, using real world submarine tactics may even lead to a quicker death in this game.
Can you expand on this? Having played the mentioned games and being able to contrast them with my own first hand experience, I'd say all three hit as close to the mark as they can. Sonalysts can hit closer only because they are a contractor for the Navy. SC and DW were originally designed as training aides for the USN. CW makes use of excellent resources available to the public, but I will say sometimes the AI can be off.

Quote:
I still hope that modders may find means to modify CW. Hearing about something being "hardcoded" is also getting somewhat old as I heard it a thousand times in the SH and DW community until a smart modder came by and found a way to change it.
Modders have been modifying CW since release, everything that is modable is a simple text based file. KFG out of the gate with CW wanted it to be as modder friendly as possible while still protecting their intellectual property. If hearing about something being hardcoded is getting old, feel free to jump in and prove people wrong. That's just part of modding in my mind, something is hardcoded until proven otherwise.

Maybe it would help if you articulated your argument and shared your background with us. Personally I'm always glad to have another vet on the forums.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote