View Single Post
Old 07-20-10, 09:48 AM   #1
Rends
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
SF1942: Some Editor questions

Hi,
iīm new to Steel Fury modding (but not to Game modding) and have some questions about creating Maps and Missions.( I have a printed version of the editor manual and watched the tutorials i found here: http://www.4shared.com/dir/11405684/...c/sharing.html )

1.In Game where you can select the Missions or Campaigns there is a history text viewable.
I found the text in the hist_text.text file in text folder.
But how can i create my own history text?

2. What is the best way to create map signs ?
What i found out is that i can create a map contour in the map editor and give it a name.
Then i opened the mission_scripts file and edit the entry below cs_map()
(In fact i just copied the entry from a stock mission and edited the contour name.)Seems to work but is it possible todo the whole work in the map editor?.

3. In game text. I know how todo Mission briefings now but havnīt found out how to add in game text. Guess i need to create a trigger before but thatīs all i know.

4. Height maps. I have some problems with creating good looking height map . I tried to create one in PaintshopPro but the hills are way to steep.
Any good idea how to create one? Did i mention that i would like real height maps too? I tried the google earth plugin but it seems not to work very well on small areas.

I have more questions but thatīs the importand ones for now.
Rends