View Single Post
Old 04-16-18, 07:53 PM   #1
Mspot
Bosun

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
Default Depth view-port, turn-about, and depth input

Four items I think would be quite helpful in the new, upcoming version -- if it's not too late. In no particular order...

1. While in a mission, campaign style, I sometimes, often times, forget the mission orders. Would be nice to be able to read those when I, currently, press the escape key. You know, like, add a Review Orders button?
  2. The depth port window currently scales in increments of 1,000. Can it be scaled to a smaller depth than 1,000-feet for those missions where we are in shallow waters? That sea bottom line confuses me sometimes while sh-t is happening.
  3. Currently, the depth maneuver is in 50-feet increments. Can a feature be included that allows us to input a precise depth? Such as, maybe I want to go to 920-feet, not 900-feet, or 950-feet.
  4. Turn about maneuvers for the torpedoes: it is my understanding that the American torpedoes, perhaps other non-American torpedoes, perform a turn about maneuver when their seeker software discerns it is homing in on an American vessel. I think this began with the advent of the Mk48 (could be mistaken). Is that a feature that can be implemented? Sure would be nice during those times when I'm knife fighting an enemy vessel and I've lost the wire to my torpedo.
Just some ideas I thought would be nice additions to the otherwise superlative game.
Then out spoke brave Horatius, the Captain of the Gate: to every man upon this earth death come soon or late. And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods.
Mspot is offline   Reply With Quote