Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch
any progress on that?

as i tried to edit the particles.dat, i got an overflow exception.

If you have previously editted the file, be it with S3D or other tools (or if anyone else has), please submit it to me. I can't check for problems without the files it fails on... There are some confirmed bugs (specifically with particles, check this thread a few pages back for a temp-fix).

That said, the new parser engine is more robust, but I am still not done yet with the next release. I have some RL trouble that takes away free time, plus I have (had) some difficulties getting some new features to work ok (it's hard when you only have limited time).

@tater, yes, I've also thought of that. Don't know when though... I've already implemented a partial multi-select function (only in list-mode), so you can select multiple nodes, in this case to delete multiple nodes. More of these kind of functions can be implemented later (move/copy/export multiple). After this release however, I want to concentrate on model stuff, and so UI improvements will not be on the high prio list.

So... sorry, but be patient and keep faith. It'll get done, I promise...
sure! it was after editing the particle parameters. i used the racerboy fx mod particles.dat - this file does not work. when i use the ajm-mod particles.dat, it works without problems. all are sh3 files. i wondered during editing this particles.dat, there was some data missing. some file strings with editable details of a (smoke) chunk. i had to copy them out of the other file to get them back. seems, as if he doesnt read the data correctly. also parameters like emission area and lifetime of bitmap particles isnt shown correctly. seems as if it is no "long" parameter as it is a ""float(auto)" parameter! i looked into the dat via hex-editor. so this might be a solution...

what do you think?

:hmm:

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote