View Single Post
Old 10-23-17, 06:32 AM   #6
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
Interesting, but I don't think you can use with real navigation. Even with simple 4 bearing in movement you should use a 45* as much because the curve the boat did gets error. Even should be better 6 min in some cases, but depend of target speed 9 or 12 min, vs half hour is a difference.

About hydro and real navigation I have a question, maybe you know. Is possible only show hydro contract in attack map?
This idea some from the limitation from the hydro operator, add the needs of lack of position marks in map, but as attack map don't have coordinates, you should read direction and have and idea of which ship formation with out ear. Yes is a experience but you can't do all by your self, no enough time in game nor real life when you attack a convoy.
hello Aquelarrefox,
when you are talking about real navigation , you mean celestial navigation or something else ? Celestial navigation is not possible in sh3 [clock times and stars positions are not matching.look here (the damn imageshark deleted the images but you will get the meaning):http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=57]. Did that times problem solved and i missed it?

If you are not talking for celestial navigation then how are you determining your own position on map ? is there a procedure for determining your position with great accuracy ? i am suspecting that without your boat showing on map ,you will always have inaccuracies which are more responsible for the final outputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_K View Post
Spiess TMA is OK, but if someone wants to be historically correct, this method was developed long after the war. Ww2 hydrophones weren't so good, hadn't such angular resolution to be used in such a way. And of course it cost a lot of precious time.
hello B_K,

i didn't said that is a 'historical' method.i made the video with sh3 thats why you see it here.
I explained at the description of the video why i used the hydrophone lines.Of course,there were not back then hydrophones with super accuracy ,not even today. Even today , bearings from whatever passive device (even periscope's bearings) are not super accurate.All of them have a little 'cone' and crew is following extra procedures for minimazing the errors at outputs,procedures that demands special equipment.
The purpose of the video is to show the principles of Spiess TMA

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote