View Single Post
Old 03-18-13, 05:43 PM   #17
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammit_Carl! View Post
The guilt comes with the number of times I've seen them. You would think I could've found some others to latch onto by now.
A 'Guilty Pleasure' is something everybody thinks is bad, and you understand that it probably is bad, but you watch it anyway. As I said, I can't think of any Guilty Pleasure war movies I watch, but I have several in other genres. There are some truly great movies that I just don't like, and there are some truly bad movies I have in my collection, and like to watch from time to time. Those are 'Guilty Pleasures'.

Here's an example:

The Outlaw Josey Wales is most definitely not a guilty pleasure, being in my belief one of the best movies Clint Eastwood ever did.

On the other hand I have The Beguiled in my collection. I like it because it's the only movie I can think of in which Clint played the bad guy, and the only one I can think of where he dies at the end, and deservedly so. That aside, it is generally considered an awful movie, and deep inside I agree, but I like it and I watch it.

That is a Guilty Pleasure.