View Single Post
Old 03-23-19, 01:04 AM   #7
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Disregard some of the above. Been so long since I fiddled with manual targeting I was wrong in the main aspect - the TDC can NOT be eliminated from the equation. With auto targeting if you don't have a target near the crosshairs, the fish will go wherever the scope is pointed. To spread down the length of the target you can unlock with the L key then move the crosshairs slightly left and right, as long as the little pointer is still visible the torpedo will go to hit where the crosshairs are, if the pointer is not on it will go straight without adjusting to target speed and direction.

Manual targeting doesn't work like that, if the speed is set at zero you still have to have the stadimeter in the right side dial, and each time you move the scope you have to click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button each time you move the crosshairs. So to fire a down the throat spread at an oncoming destroyer with manual targeting (which I call "masochistic targeting") you have to;
1. Select the speed dial on the right hand multi function dial, set target speed to zero,
2. Select the stadimeter dial, aim the scope, click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button, fire one.
3. Move the scope left or right, go back to the stadimeter and click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button, fire two.
4. Move the scope right or left, go back to the stadimeter and click the "send range and bearing to TDC" button, fire three.

Repeat until insane.
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have the cruiser in the training/torpedo convoy mission. One large cruiser moving across your bow at a dead 90 angle shot about 2,000 yds range and every time I go thru the motions of setting up the range/angle on the bow/speed, using the attack data tool, the Position keeper (Keep having to reset it or my sub is not angle any were close to were it should be relative to the target). I'm only at 1/3 ahead speed, I'm leaving the spread at 0 degrees but every time I fire the torpedo is goes out straight for a short distance the it hooks either a hard right or hard left turn much more than it needs to to get to the ship. The only hit I ever got was straight off the bow and that was only because he was crossing right over my bow at the time. The torpedo gyro angle is saying 110 degrees when the target is at 350 degrees relative.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote