View Single Post
Old 04-23-10, 10:51 AM   #1
animal
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Making a new toy for T34vsTiger

I've decided to make myself a little bit of a toy. I've got a friend who restores arcade systems and another who has a machine shop, between the 3 of us I thought up an idea for T34 vs Tiger...

I went out and bought these handwheels from a local supplier of tooling and accessories. Forgive me for buying Japanese made handwheels for my German tank, but as it stands even these cost me $85 with tax. They are made by Jergens based out of Cleveland, Ohio.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I plan on mounting them to a set of axles in a small box I can clamp down onto my desk (like my Logitech g25 steering wheel) and use with a stripped down mouse which will have its optics for each axis pointed at an axle. Thus I won't have to use the mouse to fine aim. I've already set up my G25 pedals to be used for the turret traverse. Eventually I want to build a few devices and wire them all together into one usb connection for a cool and unique sim.

Anyhow, I just had to share this with someone and thought I'd make my own thread and update it with my progress as I move along.