Thread: Tactics & Tips
View Single Post
Old 05-05-19, 06:42 AM   #12
xXNightEagleXx
Planesman

Downloads: 148
Uploads: 0
Default Tips and Tricks

I don't know if this has been already covered here but here we go.

Two important aspect to keep in mind, first is that officers execute task either autonomously due to their role or because you told them to.

Task automatically executed by them will be interrupted by bed time. However task directly instructed won't be interrupted even when their energy bar reach 0. This is important to avoid officers leaving station in critical moments all you need to do is to issue them a task, even if it is already something related to their role.

Second aspect is in fact the role. Tutorial didn't make this clear enough, not only you can assign a role to an office but also there are others roles rather than the initial ones. If you properly use them you can cut micromanage by a lot. Of course there are still things that need to be directly issued (eg. lights) but a good use of roles alone can greatly improve the experience.

For example i had to constantly move the radio office between sonar and radio. Once i figured out that i could just assign the role specific to either radio or sonar all i had to do is change the role quickly and right click on the current task to cancel it thus trig him to move it the other station by itself. The more i play this game the more i like it. Sure it is a different beast from SH but surprisingly it is giving a lot of entertainment, more than cold wars for example. Seeing how active, and most important open mind, the devs are i believe that this product can only improve. I don't want it to follow SH because i prefer this concept, or at least something different, but definitely combat challenges can improve to an experience more closer to SH.
xXNightEagleXx is offline   Reply With Quote