View Single Post
Old 02-21-08, 09:24 AM   #109
Wolfen U-64
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Support From God & Ubi

Medico, Where/how were you able to find the files from Ubi to make SH work with Vista 64 BIT? I went to the Ubi site but found nothing about it. Did you contact Ubi Support (by email/forum/phone???) And did they send the files directly to you?
Any help would be appreciated. And thank you to everyone else on here for your posts, as they have been very helpful in my journey to figure this conundrum out.
I bought a new HP comp last week with Win Vi$ta Premium 32bit/6000 build and as others have stated all of my other games also play better/faster with Win Vi$ta. Of course installing a EVGA Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT E-PCI card I ordered from NewEgg the day I bought the comp certainly helped also... But as of this post I'm able to download and play SH3 up to the point of patching to v 1.4b, and download and install Grey Wolves v 1.1a & GWX 2.0 (not installed at same time).
But when it starts loading (in both MOD versions) it gets to 3/4 of the red loading progress bar and then stops/hangs and gives an error message that it "cannot load/retrieve the instructions options page" ??? I have set them to run "as administrator" and compatibilty "Win XP with SP2 mode" but no luck. At present I'm going into "Grey Wolves" Detox mode. And it ain't pretty! LOL
Wolfen U-64 is offline   Reply With Quote