Thread: Just Joined Up
View Single Post
Old 04-21-12, 05:18 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Welcome.

Please check the stickied "resource" threads on top of the forum's thread list. There is one for TvT and its mod, and one fore SBP-PE.

On your choice for a tank sim, it depends on what your interest is: modern or historic era, more or less realism, Multiplayer yes or no.

Your question on TrackIR for SBP, the answer is: no support for it.

Pocketbook: I wonder about the processing power of that, I do not know these things. SBP is quite forgiving in demanded specs. TvT's specs I do not know. When you ran DCS A-10, you probbaly have no problems. Periphals: HOTAS is nice for keymapping commands onto the buttons, but SBP can be played very well with keyboard and mouse alone, indeed many players use both stick and mouse for gunnery and panning. I use CH Fightertstick and ProPedals, but also mouse. Steering SBP tanks: is implemented rudimentary only, since the sim is designed by demandfs and orders by military customers, and so far they have not ordered a sophistiacted driver'S station. You do not need pedals. I even fail to see a reasonable way of using them, to be honest.

I recommend to check the SBP video thread and see what is there. Since the linked videos cover 6 years and several different versions and developement stages of the sim, start with the newer videos first. The sim is not what it was in April 2006 anymore.

These were the official promotion videos for one of the latest versions of SBP, they are teasers.

ITEC 2010 promotion video - eSim - July 2010

Teaser 1 - eSim - July 2010

Teaser 2 - eSim - July 2010

Teaser 3 - eSim - August 2010

Teaser 4: Centauro - eSim - August 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxgZ...os=VkiUZkd3XPw

And these were from en epic multiplayer battle over six scenarios:

Brave Rifles - Zipuli - January-March 2011 (multiplayer)
part 1:
part 2:
part 3:
part 4:
part 5:
part 6 (The Final) :

From the dawn of day one to the afternoon of the second day - 36 hours of intense fighting in the 90s, when the cold war suddenly turned hot! This is a great multiplayer battle being done, telling the story of events in more than one hour of video!