View Single Post
Old 06-27-17, 08:57 AM   #16
p.jakub88
Gunner

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Generally, use your mouse scroll wheel while on the bridge in a normal view mode, or hit the tab key while there, and you'll get the binoculars. You'll see a little crosshair in it. Point that at the target by either moving around with the mouse or the arrow keys, and press your space bar while "on target" and it has turned red. This is also part of the technique you will use to "pick-up" downed pilots in the Life Guard missions. Be careful what you're pointing at when you hit that space bar... You do it while looking at the Mighty Mo and you're liable to instigate a friendly fire incident...

The renown points are supposed to stay with you for your entire career. I'm not sure if the Captain's Log Book in the base office has anything other than a running total of your total tonnage sunk, along with the ship names divided by patrol... it's been a while since I paid much attention to those details...

Thank You for the quick response!

I succesfully ordered my deck gun crew to attack a ship that i selected in binocular view. In my opinion, the info how to do that should be written in the TMO manual since there is no such feature in the stock game. So far i never attacked a friendly ship - it reminds me of an army core training film that i saw on Youtube, about how to identify the Mitsubishi Zero fighter and the differences between the Zero and P40 .

I noticed, that the accuracy of the deck gun crew depends on their skills. Actually i prefer to operate the deck gun myself - unless i will have better trained deck gun crewmen available, but when i order my men to use it instead of me i could shift to another job (i.e. setting the submarine course on the naval map).

The Captain's Log Book in the base office consists of the list of completed patrols with details about ships sunk, departure and return date from patrol (month + year + hour). However, there is no info provided about the "patrol rating".

I wonder also, why i hardly ever encountered any enemy ships in my RSRDC career so far?
In example i sailed through a narrow strait passing Rabaul, a strong Japanese base at that time in New Britain, but i saw only enemy planes above me no ships at all. Isn't enemy suppose to resupply such important strategic place? I heard, that during the war in the Pacific Japanese put a huge effort to build and resupply that base which was only attacked by air. Does this mean, that in the RSRDC the spawning of enemy ships is random rather than historical? Maybe i passed them by only by few miles.

Thank You in advance for response to my question!

Last edited by p.jakub88; 06-29-17 at 08:04 AM.
p.jakub88 is offline   Reply With Quote