View Single Post
Old 02-15-07, 03:08 PM   #24
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

UPDATE: 2-15-07

We are now entering session 5 of MP testing and the results (re: dynamic mission objective MP) are quite amazing.

I was kidding myself thinking we missed the mark in achieving in-game dynamics on the MP level, but actual data is indicating otherwise.

In short the map is highly sensitive to change of events and there is just no telling how things will pan out at any given moment, or how things will end up. More importantly everyone(AI & humans) are affected by it at the same time, and by that point it's really up to how they both (ai or humans)
react to / handle the change of events. Sometimes AI won't even follow the scripting made for it, and for what we are trying to do, that's a good thing.

I'm / I've generating / generated test session AARs as data and after reviewing them I still see evidence where an ever-changing 'small change' will affect the chances for everyone else, mission tasking of platforms and / or lead to one of several possible outcomes. One of those outcomes include 'staying alive', where ownship must survive.

How does that differ from anything else? from personal experience, most mission objective MP I've played with others are pretty much limited to one approach, one outcome, always in favor of success, omitting the chance of failure, other than being destroyed, among other things.

The presence of LWAMI 3.07 has introduced some new tricks for AI, as well as new features that are also in place and available for the next map design.

Things are looking pretty good... Let's continue on.

Short-term objectives:

1.. Conclude preliminary MP testing / tweaking

2.. Finalize Features list / new standard, credits, file for distribution.

3.. Final MP testing @ 'full tilt' / last minute changes.

4.. Final version release.

That's all for now.
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote