View Single Post
Old 08-02-17, 11:13 PM   #42
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Some one made it well over 8 years back,,, I'm a freak about PTs so I had to have it,, when I got it the torps didn't work ,,it took,, on and off a couple of months to figure it out,,, and I changed the deck gun to a twin 40 in the rear to rid the single on the bow,, I passed along how to get the torps to work a year or 2 back .. Bismarck put it together for down load ,, it could use some tweaks ,, like another couple of souls on deck watch when not at battle stations and do something with those 20mm tubs,, and it did take forever to figure out how to make it campaign playable,. There was a PT contest thread started acouple of years ago to bad we can't get some of those models finished.

Thanks go out to the modders that I can't recall their names that built her ,, and hope you all enjoy ,, happy hunting PT Style.

You did great work on it Yubba, really enjoy it in single missions. I am a bit of PT boat nut myself but have never found a decent PT boat simulation, and can see it in a campaign being really enjoyable in SH 4. RSRD has excellent traffic in Solomons simulating the Tokyo Express, I've added a lot of the smaller inner island traffic and we have an AI Daihatsu landing craft coming soon, so could have some really interesting and intense battles. The torpedoes work well. I changed the Mark 10 to Mark 8 torpedo specs and Mark 23 to Mark 13 which PT's used in later war, they work well with the PT.

I love how the 40 MM's act as AI deck guns, how did you do that? I've been wanting to do that for submarines as well.

Once get past his hurdle of making it work in TMO RSRD, I plan to make a campaign focusing initially on start of war in the Philippines and operating in the Solomons begn Oct 1942, as from what I read is when they arrived at Tulagi. Eventually would like to cover the entire war.

A huge part of the work is done, the traffic is there between RSRD and the traffic I've added, plenty to interdict. For flotillas, can change the bases in the Brisbane Flotilla to Tulagi, Bougainville, etc add bases in New Guinea. Just a lot of potential.

Surface radar is needed but sure can be done eventually.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote