Old 12-02-09, 01:53 PM   #3
Interpol
Gunner

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Hello,
while i got used t the TDC of stock (1.4) SH4 and even 1.5 with US subs, i wonder how to hit ANYTHING with the german IXD boat.

Its's been a while that i played SH3, and i then used Onelifecrisis' manual targeting, so i have completely forgotten how to do this in the original game - or in SH4, with a german boat.

Angle on the bow - take it the boat symbol is the target and i adjust the outer "ring" to set ownship angle? - ok.
Distance - once checked with recognition manual - ok.

BUT: Speed ?? I am used to go so near that 1 or 2 knots deviation don't bother me, but i cannot adjust it at all.

So, 2 questions:

When i click on "speed" there appears that eye, and an angle with two ships at the upper ends. Ho do i measure that speed ? I need to know what to do exactly - where do i click at exactly, to start the measuring process (at the eye - at one of the ships ? do'nt i need the stop watch ?? what ???), and how do i stop again to take the measured speed ?

Supposed i guess the speed, and want to enter it manually: Being at the torpedo screen I click on the manual entering button right of the speed dial, and am now able to set a certain speed manually - now how do i send it to the german TDC ? Have i again to click at the button so am not longer able to adjust anything, or let i the light burn, to use this setting ?

Because when i'm back at the periscope the speed still reads "0", regardless what i did, and the torpedo misses everytime, even at distances of less than 600 meters !

Seems i'm dumb as a brick

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
I only play U-boat campaign and missions as i find the US subs to be abit crappy (no offence to US Sub Fanatics ).

But anyway on the speed page with the eye & 2 ships there is a stopwatch symbol on the left handcorner of that page just left and under of the eye click that and it will estimate the speed for you. Only problem you might fight with it is that sometimes it will say it "cannot compute speed". The only way i have found to get it working is to go back and click the Angel of Bow but do not adjust the the AoB just press the tick again and do the same for range, Then try the Speed again and it should set it for you.

There is another problem where it will come up with stupid things like 60knts and stuff which is ridiculious lol. But just keep asking for the speed until it gives you a more reasonable speed.

Then once you have your speed just push the tick again and the tick again for the main page and it should give you your Gyroangel and you can check that with your bearing to see exactly which bearing its gonna head in.

Hope that helps
Interpol is offline   Reply With Quote