Old 06-19-13, 10:45 PM   #223
zakarpatska
Loader

Downloads: 127
Uploads: 0

Hi Everyone,

I managed to download the "Soviet Waterway" mod from:
https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash...9wWdRMdRcfI%3D

This mod comes with its own installer which installs the mod into the MODS folder of your "Silent Hunter 4" directory. The mod can then be enabled/disabled with JSGME and shows up in JSGME as "Addon Soviet Waterway (v_099)". The installer is in Russian, but it is pretty easy to click your way through and install the mod.

Once I installed the mod I also installed some of the "Battle for the Baltic" mods on top of it so that I would have the Cyrillic fonts and English menus. A lot of the drop down menus (for selecting submarine type, for example) are still in Russian. The complete list of mods that I am currently using is:

Addon Soviet Waterway (v_099)
BFB Russian_Interface_wip15
BFB Soviet Captains Office
BFB Rough Crew Uniform
BFB English Campaign v2
BFB russian_voice_crew_for_sh4

It looks like missions are still restricted to the Baltic, but it is possible that some of the mods I installed on top of "Soviet Waterway" are overwriting files from the "Soviet Waterway" mod and 'damaging' it. I'd appreciate it if someone could comment on which mods are really required.

Once the mods were installed it all worked quite well and I was able to sail around in my "D" class submarine sinking friendlies with gun fire and torpedoes. I haven't tried a real mission yet and as the orders are in Russian I'm not sure what I should be doing in any case.

If anyone has any advice on how to translate the mission orders, etc. it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
zakarpatska is offline   Reply With Quote