Old 10-04-10, 12:56 AM   #1559
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Smiladon View Post
Zeewolf,

As i said for the greater good of the Sim..

However that being said I know that you do have your hands full, I do appreciate your effort ($60) to you.

But I do feel you might have a bit of race on your hands, There are muting of other Tanks sims coming on to the market multiplayer single player , up to date game engines with graphics to boot.
Once these sim come on the market you may find your cash flow drying up... Unless you have a very good plan with your road map for TvT it might become a white elephant.
Mate as said I have every respect for what you are doing but I am a realist and I think if you spend 2 years trying to improve TvT by yourself I am sorry to say I don’t think it will last long.
If I may make a suggestion to you why don’t you let someone come in with you and give you the help that you need. I am sure there are modders out there with just as good of talent as yourself that would offer their time for free to realize the dream and make it come about a lot quicker
Zeewolf at the end of the day Yes I would like to see MP come in soon, Yes I understand that you are only one man and you have taken on a massive task which could take you years to complete. But I have given you $60 usd around $85 New Zealand money to help you on your way and I do not regret my decision in helping you.
Good luck with your venture I just hope that TvT will not be taken over by some classy whizz bang sim that everyone will get into and TvT will become a thing of the past. I go back to my first post on this forum Let TvT survives .
Salute and regards
O_Smiladon
Thanks O_Similadon, I understand and appreciate your donation as well as your directness .
I too am a realist and have considered my odds of producing this on such a scale.
But after all is said and done I love this sim. It has all I need to keep me going regardless of what's on the horizon. And I offer something that of course I would hope would be of interest to WWII tank simmers for a long time to come - my best full hearted effort.
Although I could use some help, there is one area that I would consider bringing someone aboard in the area of (c++, java) programming and code development. In particular (Direct X) graphic shaders, physics and AI.
As for modeling: Structures and hard surface Texture mapping. That is where I would start.
As for your hope that TvT will NOT (edited) degrade to a "whizz bang sim", not with me mate

Cheers

ZW

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 10-04-10 at 10:21 PM.
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote