View Single Post
Old 08-14-15, 08:39 PM   #10
JHS
Watch

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

After many playtests, I have noticed an anomaly in the wind effects. In "Pacific Fleet" one could aim fairly accurately by accounting for wind direction and strength. In "Atlantic Fleet", there seems to be no rhyme or reason to wind strength and direction. If a very strong wind is blowing in the same direction as my line of fire, I, naturally, aim very short. My shells still fly way over the target, even in the case of very heavy dreadnought shells. I have found no logic to the wind effects. Often, I am able to hit accurately just by aiming right at the target, even when I am shooting in a strong wind. I did check to be sure wind was toggled in preferences.

Same oddness in all varieties of wind and directions. This is frustrating because I basically have no idea where my shells will land, and the AI, unless I am zigzagging or making large course changes, is hitting accurately regardless of wind effects.

In PF, I could aim short to get devastating hulling hits. I try this at cliose range in AF, and found his very hard to to do.
JHS is offline   Reply With Quote