Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-18-16, 11:17 AM   #761
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Reading all the great stuff about the Spyron mod (really a bunch of missions which integrate themselves into campaign mode too), I wrote their author, Ed Howard, over at SubSoWesPac.org. Told him what we were up to and that we thought incorporating Spyron within FOTRS Ultimate would help us, of course, but that it would also give him the recognition and exposure that he deserved for so much work.

I promised him that he would always be in complete control of Spyron, that credit would be loudly given, and that we wouldn't even require that the mod be saved at Subsim, only that we be allowed to link. I said the only change we would make to the mod would be possible substitution of ships for more historically accurate ships and renaming to conform to our plugin numbering system. He would have unquestioned final right of refusal for any changes he didn't agree with. Ain't we reasonable?

Quote:
Thanks for the invite Steve, but I am not interested. Please do not include my mod.

Ed Howard
Translation: don't let the door hit us on the way out. Don't mind the birdshot that might follow.

I could make lots of comments, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself. I think we have a fine mission/campaign mad scientist of our own.

We might do some research on the Spyron campaign and do some missions ourselves. Spyron was a construct of the men involved in WWII, not Ed Howard. The submarines and men involved never knew who Ed Howard was, so certainly we have equal right to use the material. I think cdsubron7 can do a better job. Out of respect for those who come before, I only ask that we do not copy any of Ed Howard's work.

He's an important part of SH4 history. We will define the present.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote