View Single Post
Old 08-11-18, 02:18 PM   #6479
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you recall torpedobait, if you had run The Museum any? As mark bonamer mentions, Windows memory management needs some work, but so does SH4's. The Museum especially does not release memory like it should. The game itself will gradually "leaK' also, but not as badly as The Museum. If you still have the Saves, try some of them again, after a re-boot, and see what you find.

I'll look into that area especially. As for the other CTDs, there are a couple of calls that folks have found that are not good, and could potentially cause a CTD. Most of the ones found have been fixed for the next version... I'll double-check some more though...

Definitely not the museum in my case. I've never been there! I finally deleted the saves, because every time I loaded one successfully it would CTD, the last couple almost immediately after starting to run.

In my case, I believe memory leak is the primary problem, and I thank you and Mark B for bringing that up. The more complex the save files become, trying to preserve tonnage, routes, situations, the worse it gets. I'm going to try to stick to finishing off a patrol once it starts to get complicated, and doing a reboot before loading SH4.

I have been known to save a game, exit to the main menu, and then tab out to run other apps, like mail, Explorer or Firefox, Facebook, SiriusXM, etc. and leave it that way for a couple of days. Alt-Tabbing back in doesn't seem to hurt, until something like this happens. I'm going to go back to running SH4 as clean as possible to get maximum enjoyment and minimum CTD's. Thanks for your help and hard work, guys. Very much appreciated!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote