View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 07:45 AM   #19
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublynx View Post
...the the menu file is such a complicated, individualized mess that even the simplest changes are somewhat stressful.
I hera that! Been there myself. I came up with a kludge that works for me. I do not tweak any mods. I install them rockstock. I then take all my tweaks - custom keyboard, some sounds I like, a WinMerged menu_1024_768, and other stuff - and put them all into a mod I call "On_Top" because I always activate it last. That way, all my personal changes are in one place. If I add a new mod which changes menu_1024_768, for instance, then I only have to merge the changes from the new mod into the On_Top mod's menu_1024_768. For Tycho's analog clock, I just added the graphics to On_Top, added the entries to menu_1024_768 and Dials.cfg, and activated the new On_Top with JSGME. Configuration management is reduced to the one mod, and I keep all previous versions so I can regress if anything goes wrong.

This may be an obvious solution that everybody else already uses. I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence. But it has made my life, and juggling mods, a lot easier.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote