View Single Post
Old 08-22-08, 12:21 PM   #14
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Attention AVGWarhawk:

Perhaps the original post in this thread (a copy of my original post from a different thread) should be removed. Some people (well one, specifically Buddha 95) report that the registry entries which I discussed/named do not exist, although I find that impossible.

There also are now several recommendations in this thread for different 'all-in-one', ostensibly error-free, hands-off registry cleaners (Uninstaller 2008, TuneUp Utilities 2008, EasyCleaner) which reportedly 'simplify' the solution, negating the need to follow the detailed instructions in my original post(first post in this thread).

My original reason for delineating the excruciatingly detailed Step-by-Step manual re-installation procedures was that many folks had reported using various packaged 'uninstallers' without success...and I KNEW that my manual procedures, if carefully followed, would undoubtedly result in 'clean' working re-installs. The first several posts in this thread, and also posts in other threads over the past five months in which people were linked to this thread for a solution, have reflected Success in using those precisely delineated procedures.

I would agree that there is no need to send people off doing a manual uninstall/reinstall procedure if, in fact, the aforementioned registry/uninstaller Applications do it with just a simple click or two of the mouse.

[[ P.S. Call me old-fashioned if you will (or old codger), but as for me if I ever have to do a reinstall again (I hope not, of course), I'll follow those 'manual' procedures which worked for me in the past...flawlessly. I won't go all the way back to using DOS instructions, though!!! ]]
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote