View Single Post
Old 04-22-12, 01:28 PM   #1603
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Yeah, I decided on 2h weapons only for the current PC and it really is an adjustment after playing sword and board for so long with my last one. I'd forgotten how many hits you sometimes have to take before you can really get swinging. I died a lot early on from not paying close enough attention to the damage I was taking. I don't know if I'd want to play 2H in light armor, low level heavy was bad enough, lol.

If you can survive long enough to get some perks in 2H and for your armor type, and get a weapon that does decent enough damage, and be smart about how you go about attacking (I still use archery as a preferred initial attack when possible, and try to do as much damage as I can before getting within melee distance)... 2H can be really fun. Especially when you get to the point where you can go toe to toe with an enemy and one- or two-hit them. I had a Daedric warhammer on one character, with a decap perk, and that was awesome. But my armor rating and health/stamina were also leveled up pretty high, so I could stand there and just take it until I got the critical hit.

Edited for new screenies:

I can haz killcam? Why yes, kitteh, yes you can haz.

Really, Stenvar? Because this fort is falling down. And on fire. Also there is a dragon attacking it. Maybe you should set your sights a little higher, is what I'm saying.

First, we bow to our opponent. THEN WE KILL HIM. (Actually that's the end of the downstroke on the killmove, I just didn't hit PrintScreen quickly enough.)

Came back through Whiterun after taking Fort Neugrad. On the road north past the city, I got my first random dragon attack. I guess the farm there took some damage to the fences, or someone left a gate open in all the confusion, because afterwards this guy just comes walking up the road like he knows exactly where he's going. And then he walked under the dragon skeleton and just... stopped. SILLY COW WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT IS NOT YOUR BARN!

"Hey, Stenvar... I can see my house from here!" Well, not really, but on returning to Windhelm from our success in Falkreath the newly dubbed Bone-Breaker was granted permission to buy property in the city. Now she just needs the cash.

Last edited by frau kaleun; 04-22-12 at 02:10 PM.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote