View Single Post
Old 04-30-17, 02:30 PM   #85
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
when you say ''decimal digits'' and ''control over the ruler line rhombuses'' you mean that there is the possibility to make them show the exact distance all the time ? (i guess that you are familiar with the issue at ruler where the ''0.3'' is actually 250 meters).
did i get it right from the pics that the end of the ruler is showing the current (exact) distance ?
Yes, I'm familiar, it is because only one digit after decimal point is allowed and yes, when you allow two or three digits after decimal point you will have exact distance, screen:

By rhombuses I mean these little diamond shape point on ruler line, that are placed on distances according to the scale of the map.
The problem is with very long lines (thousands of kilometers). For example, if you have 5000 km line on map and you zoom to 250m map scale, the program will calculate every romb for the entire length of the line. So, 5000x4=20000 calculations, these lead to some lost of performance depending of computer and the length of the line or lines.
My computer because of this, drastically loses performance from one line after 1500 km.
What I can do, is to multiply the distance the program puts these to be, let's say 10x the scale. On the other hand, these marks are useful sometimes, so I may not do anything, have not decided yet.
Quote:
as you are on this,do you believe that is possible to achieve a plotting at attack map ?
Most likely not. I'm not programer, I'm incompetent to add new things, I only find and change bytes. And honestly, I'm already tired of this, there is only one more thing I want to find and then I finish digging into the .exe file.
Quote:
congratulations on your last findings mate

colored map tools and sea foam to all winds are both something that i really liked to have.
Tomorrow I will send you what I have about Sea foam. It was so easy to be found, that I wonder why has not been found so far.
Improved drawing will be ready very soon.

Last edited by Tycho; 04-30-17 at 02:46 PM.
Tycho is offline   Reply With Quote