View Single Post
Old 07-04-12, 10:22 AM   #42
RAM
Helmsman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0

Neal, to answer your questions. Yes, World of tanks is succesful. Sorta. Has some huge gameplay issues (artillery implementation, for one), and balancing issues (most tech tree, notably the heavy lines, are really unbalanced amongs themselves, some tanks being clearly much better than others). It's suffered some major problems with highly questionable developer decisions that has led to some huge balancing crysis (such as putting the Type 59, 1957 tank, into a game with 80% WW2 tanks)

And on top of it it's got an atrocious matchmaking system.

However overall, globally considered, yes, it works, and yes, it's fun and quite addictive. And the F2P label attached to it holds at least some (not much, but still some, which nowadays is something) credibility to it.

It's got its issues anyway. Grave case of developer just skipping by any community requirement based on real, practical and reasonable grounds, for one. Draconian EULA, for other.

The game on itself is enjoyable and fun, but has HUGE weakspots and the developer's attitude is far from the best. I played it quite a lot, still do now and then, but once the flaws really got to me (artillery, horrendous matchmaking, unresponsive developers, atrocious cases of moderator/sanction unfairness greelighted by an abusive EULA), I simply dropped it as an usual gaming experience.

Last edited by RAM; 07-04-12 at 10:52 AM.
RAM is offline   Reply With Quote