View Single Post
Old 04-05-18, 12:12 PM   #380
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I'm sorry I missed your post Bleiente, but like Geoff then, what are you referring to with "Has nobody noticed that - apart from the resolution, the map views - in the original case - do not correspond to the bridge views?!?"? Are you referring to what you see of landmarks from the bridge view, are different from what is visible on the Navigation Map view?

I have run aground in the Climb Mount Niitaka mod I'm working on with keltos01, when leaving Maizuru before. I zoomed-in most of the way and set a course on the Navigation Map, since I didn't want to be bothered with staying on the bridge and turning "by hand", but I wanted to see all of the happenings for the port and channel... well, the Nav Map display is different in that area to what you have when on the bridge. Not much, but enough - when the chief said "Sir, we're in shallow waters", I thought nothing of it. After all, we're in an enclosed area, but just a few moments later there were screeches and squalls, like running aground, the view on the Nav Map bouncing all around, and then cries of "Medic!" and "Sir, we're taking damage!" - and then the shouting started, like it was ~my~ fault we ran aground, and not some bad chart. The bridge view was nothing but trees, but the chart showed us about 500 meters from shore... The difference there is reminiscent of being in the Mission Editor, and clicking on the "Draw Accurate Shoreline" menu item, and seeing the "shift" in where "land" actually is. It doesn't apply everywhere, just in a few spots near land. Or are you seeing a certain degree of difference in the whole bridge view, which would suggest a 1024_768_menu.ini issue, or a camera problem??...

As for diving the boat, I have no idea...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote