View Single Post
Old 10-19-09, 10:52 PM   #15
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
WILD SIX.
Let the shoot outs begin.

Week 6 in the Subsim Torpedo League and high flying scores continue. Helmands Nighthawks 154, BP Badasses 141.44, and Green Beans 130.88. In a wild week of shoot outs across the leagues, the end results are not much clearer then they were a week ago. And the frustration is beginning to set in.

Coach Mookie of Show Me Your TD's; "I have 5 of 7 players in double digits, my defence scores 25 points in a 59-0 blowout, and I still loose." Coach Rick of the league leading 4-2 Dragons who lost to the number 11 team "That's part of the Doh factor in this game." And then we have Coach Pioneer of the Australian Taipans, who has listed his three wide receivers on Ebay for a minimum bid of $1.

Although expected to be a huge week, no body expected the major blow outs of the Giants - Saints, Patriots - Titans and the surprise upset of the Raiders - Eagles game.

In an exclusive interview, former all time great Coaches Bill Cowper, Jimmy Johnson and John Madden all reminded the league that on a wild weekend, there's little you can carry into the next week, irrespective of what elevated ratings might say. Bill Walsh naturally had little to say, but claimed he'd get back to us Halloween night.

The week of big scores though has had a significant impact on the strong Norris Division. The Poets having lead the division, now stand 4-2 and on the point of post season relegation to the consolation series, having sustained two divisional games losses. The Wild Boston Terriers having lost the first two games of the season, now lead the division 4-2 with 2 divisional game wins.

The Dragons, last years Torpedo Bowl winners, despite the loss have quietly opened up a one game lead in the Old Schoolers division on the Reapers and Miners who squabble at 3-3. The Surface Skimmers Division remains a two horse race between the Nighthawks and the Mudville Nine, with the Huge Manatee and Phant's Rage wrestling for first pick of the draft next year.

The Sub Skimmers Division is a wild affair, with all four teams tied at 3-3, and seperated by just 35 points in the fore/against. With a mixed bucket of divisional games played, it's impossible to pick a clear leader from the four.

The all knowing Neal Steven (who else would have picked the Raiders over the Eagles) has chaired a panel and at the end of Week 6, predicted the regular season divisional winners.

1. Dragons
2. Helmand Nighthawks.
3. Wild Boston Terriers.
4. Every Given Sunday.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

In week six, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 300 yards, 2 passing TD's, 34 rushing yards and topping the league leading Dragons, QB Jay Cutler of the Collared Greenz is the Week Six MVT.

Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote