View Single Post
Old 09-05-15, 02:12 AM   #1
tom2189
Sailor man

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0
SHO Officers Duties (Important Tread!)

So, i thought about two of my officers. The Navigator and TBC. Whats them duties on board?

First part: Lets suppose my watchmen spotted a ship. Then, they call me on deck. Thats ok. And then what? Do i talk to my Navigator, to mark a target on map, and give him all information about ship course and etc? I mean is it realistic, that i see spotted contact on a map constantly, with all them movement and course changes? (Or i need to turn off that option in difficulty screen? it does not change difficulty level btw but seriously hardens the game) Is Navigator runs betwen me and Acoustic to take new info and refresh the data? Or is this my TBC Duty???

Second part: Whats my TBC Officer duties? When i sit at the commanders periscope, is he stay near me (inside turm we also have a TDC) with Ships ID Book in the one hand and notebook in the other? Does he identify targets and does all calculations on a battle map near TDC??? (Or he has another primary duties on board, and i need to turn his help off in difficulty menu?)

P.S. Because with his help i shoot torpedoes waaaay more faster. And only things, i need to do, is change torpedo depth, open tubes, unlock the target, and then correct heading with periscope automatics. (just move peri crosshair right or left to a ship weak points (only after all TDC calcs) )

So, how was that in a real life? Did "Ka-leun" do all the identification and targeting job himself, or not?

PLS PLS ANSWER ME! Its very imortant to me.

P.P.S. I saw some movie where was a same situation, when commander looks at the periscope, and some other guy leaf through Ships ID Book very fast. But i dont remember details.

Sry for bad english.

Last edited by tom2189; 09-05-15 at 02:31 AM.
tom2189 is offline   Reply With Quote