View Single Post
Old 03-20-13, 10:42 AM   #1526
Obi-Don
Watch

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
You shouldn't have any issues like this with Sober's mod list.
But, please tell how did you 'skip tutorials'?
If you go to; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CarreerHistory' you should just change - 'HasCompletedTutorial=false' > 'HasCompletedTutorial=true'. Yoy can open it with Note Pad, make sure you save it in the same place in .txt format.
T
hat's it!
No more need for tutorials, ever.

Whenever you reinstall SH5 make sure you;
1. Backup your; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' folder (this is where your game progress, profiles and campaigns are stored)
2. Backup the; 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder
3. Uninstall SH5
4. Delete the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder (if it's still there)
5. Scan for leftovers (I use the CCleaner)
6. Re-install SH5
7. Launch SH5 to check it's running OK
8. Paste the backup 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder' into; 'C:\Users\Documents' and let it overwrite
9. Paste a copy of the; 'jsgme setup' into the 'C:\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder
10. Run the
'jsgme setup' once to make it create the 'MODS' folder
11. Paste the backup
'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder into; 'C:\Users\Documents\Silent Hunter 5'

Activate whatever mods you like and launch SH5.

For whatever questions you might have - you're welcome, anytime

Thanks for the reply Silent Steel but still no luck. I had already edited the cfg file to read true. I backed up the SH5 Documents folder and the Mods folder,uninstalled the game ran cccleaner, reinstalled, patched, started the game and it started up fine but it still syncs to the server and recovers my save games that I had deleted from my machine. So I delete the saves again, then pasted in the SH5 file into documents and overwrote the one that was there, ran jsgme and pasted in the old mods folder, activated the sober mep, Started up the Game again. The game loads and I get the openhorizons splash screen, but still, every time I start the game the first thing it does is sync my save games to the server. I have the uplay set to start in offline mode, is there some other switch that I'm missing? I delete the save games from the saves folder but then it syncs and they come back. When I start the saves are all there. So onward, I start a new campaign, I type in silentotto, select the first campaign, i'm given the option to skip the tutorial which I do, the loading screen with sobers green spinning thing comes up, it loads for about 60 secs and dumps me out to the thanks for playing screen in uplay. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, anyone have an answer? Also I did start up one of my old saves that was restored and I could see that some of the mods were working. But I really want to start a whole new campaign using openhorizons. Thanks everyone
Obi-Don is offline   Reply With Quote