View Single Post
Old 06-22-19, 10:51 AM   #372
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
@Catfish I have demonstrated the ways the EU is less democratic than Russia [...]
Maybe this is how it is made to be heard, but we know how it really is, don't we?
Quote:
As to our laws - EU is moving towards more of the same, with the politically driven censorship, political imprisonment and so on and so forth.
Nonsense. Political prisoners? What do they tell you in Russia?
"Political driven censorship": While i personally think that e.g. climate change is a reality, there are millions who plain deny it, but no one is telling them to shut up, let alone by force or censorship. That most of the media jump thisor that train mostly depends on their political stance or also on plain stupidity but hey, they are all there and can be read and listened to.

All have their say and there is a lot of discussion, often disrespectful, and this can be seen everywhere. This is why it is much harder in a democracy to rule and make laws, you have to discuss and convince others, there is no going it alone. Or if you may soon stumble, e.g. by the weight of public opinion.
It is also more difficult in a democracy to refute/disprove any lie or accusation, because this takes more effort and time than to invent those accusations. Something the german AfD has developed to perfection, to paralyze other parties and the government.

Still, a bit different in Russia:
If you call Putin a dimwit you are at least fined, because you do not criticize the leader. Lèse-majesty. If you write like Mrs Politovskaya about state crime, state terrorism and have evidence for the leader ignoring law and constitution you may suddenly suffer an "accident". If you become a rich 'oligarch' who thn has additionla political influence, you go to jail. At least.
I have to seee this in any of the EU states yet.

Also: No criticism of the government allowed, in Russia:
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/18/70460...=1561217817999

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote