Old 02-20-17, 10:27 AM   #4472
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
hi,
the fuel ranges in SH4 have certain issues which result from the fact that SH4 is built on the SH3 code which assumed 2 engines vs 4 for a Fleet Boat and the SH world is flat which is a bigger issue in the Pacific.

Ducimus increased the range of all boats so you can comfortably transit to your patrol area at "standard" speed and then patrol at 2/3 speed.

2/3 speed does give you the max range, but when used with TMO will give an excissevely long range.

I have been using TMO for years. It is a fine mod, a good base which you can tweak to your personal taste.
Using the range to end and maximum range at current speed, my experience is that 9 knots is the most efficient for most of the newer boats. 2/3 speed is usually 8 knots, which according to the max at current speed calculations is a bit below what you get at 9 knots.

When checking on the max range at various speeds, the batteries must be at 100% or battery charging must be turned off. Also, you can set the speed to a custom number by clicking on the tab below the telegraph instead of using one of the presets. Good luck!

I used TMO and TMO/RSRDC for years also, but now I am running the current Beta release of FOTARS Ultimate. It seems somehow more rich and varied than TMO, but TMO is a great place to start. Adding RSRDC to it changes TMO considerably, but also adds the more historically correct ship movements, which is fun to use if you know the history. That seems a bit like cheating or having a time machine, but it's still fun! And that's why we are here - to have fun.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote