Old 04-02-11, 01:25 PM   #11
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
Hi JL,

thanks for that JL, I am beginning to look else where now, dates maybe. It's just I must have exausted every combination of possible permutaions of file type there is, and still I only get a partial loading of the game, at best.

The Menu works fine to look at, but if date is wrong . I read somewhere in a thread "peabody" I think, that dates should over lap by a few days, mmmmm.

sid "talk to der hand"
Without seeing all the files it is hard to determine what is wrong. But I did what to clarify a comment I made above.
When I was explaining how to obtain the Departure descriptions, this is only to obtain those numbers for Departure locations. Do not save the mission with the player sub in it! The game adds the player sub. This technique is ONLY used to obtain the numbers. So make sure you did not save any missions with the player sub in them.

To answer another question, No the objective mission does not "NEED" to be saved as a scripted layer. You can save as a regular mission, just delete the .tsr file, it is only needed for single missions.
1. Make sure the mission name and the folder name are the same.
2. Check dates, as you commented.
3. Make sure there is no player sub in the mission.
4. The only reason you would need to overlap the missions is to make sure you don't have a gap where there is no mission available. But you should get a message not a CTD if no mission/objective is available.

Quote:
when you place a map zone thats going to be the Objective file, ie " Heligoland Bight " you save as scripted layer is that right?........ also, on what map file do you place the map zone, campaign_LOC or campaign_NMS.
Simple answer; neither one. As JL pointed out he uses "Merge" to load the NMS and LOC files only as a reference to position the zone. But by NOT using "merge as savable, it will not save the "merged" information when you save the mission/Objective.

One way to test, if you haven't tried it already is to load the mission/objective you created that is crashing. Put the sub into it you want to use and save as a single mission and see if it works. DO NOT use this for the campaign, but only as a test to see if you have a mistake in the mission/objective. You need to remove the sub to save for the Campaign.

Things to check:
1. As you commented: dates.
Make sure the sub is available on that date
Make sure the mission is available on that date
Make sure the base is available on that date

2. Make sure the ID you created for your mission is not the same as any other IDs.

3. Make sure your "Objective Code" and "AllMatch" are exactly the same, check spelling, spaces etc.

Like I commented, it is hard to tell what the problem is without seeing the files.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote