Old 04-02-08, 02:03 AM   #1
dertien
Lieutenant

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Men@work Uniform Mod - V. 2 Final Update

UPDATE/FINAL 07/04/2008

New clothing added - screenshots:

Read the readme for installation instructions and enjoy. There is an easteregg inside the download (no screenshot here) install and see.

Download Version 2 UPDATE

V2:

- New shirts and pullovers
- changed 'flat' looking checkered pattern with textures from real clothes pictures.

Fellow Kaleuns,
----------------

What is this ?
-------------

I was bored yesterday, so I opened up Photoshop and produced a uniform mod. There's not enough of them around, and I was getting a little tired of the same dresscode my fellow u-boat buddies always come up with, so I sent all their parade uniforms to the laundrette, and gave them some casual workclothes. Hence the Men@work clothes mod.

Credits
-------

The red/green checkered 'lumberjack' shirt is based on the shirt in the 'dasbootclothes' mod, so I take no credit for the creation of it. As the dasbootclothes-zip file did not contain a readme with the author, I cannot credit by name the person who made the mod originally. But as this being said, you know who you are.

I just improved the look of the shirt with the use of a few filters in photoshop, made it look a little more 'dirty' and worn, plus added some extra colours. The rest is all original work.

The mod in detail
------------------

-It replaces the stock/GWX/NYGM/Other supermod uniforms with:

Generic white and blue stripe sailor shirt and a dark blue pullover with kriegsmarine insignia for the sailors and petty officers.

-It also removes all (yes all) badges, insignia and medals from the uniforms so you can safely deactivate the GWX - no medals on crew mod. This one does exactly the same.

- The hats of officers have been made more black-ish (ala Das boot) the petty
officers hats have been darkened.

I do not claim these uniforms to be historically accurate, but they are IMO a refreshing change.

Bugs
----

None, everything works. If someone can tell me how I get the 'plastic' shine off the clothes when viewed from certain angles inside the u-boat I would be very greatful.

Note:

You can view targafiles using Photoshop, Coreldraw etc or 'XNview' if you want a free viewer that can handle a lot of diff file types. Google for it and download. Only about 4 megs.

-If you want to change the uniform an officer is wearing do the following:

-Load your game and write down the name of the officer you want to dress up.
-open up the crew_config_VII.cfg file and look up the name you wrote down in step one, if the name is not there, you're looking in the wrong config file.
- when you find the name:

for example

[CREW_MEMBER_3]
Name=Franz Linke-Stier
Index=13
NrComp=2
Type=2
Grad=6
Renown=0.000000
Patrols=0
Morale=0.800000
Fatigue=0.000000
HealthStatus=0
HitPoints=14.000000
Experience=300
Rank=11
NrQual=1
Qualification0=4
SpecialAbility=-1
MedalsInx0=-1
MedalsInx1=-1
MedalsInx2=-1
MedalsInx3=-1
MedalsInx4=-1
MedalsInx5=-1
MedalsInx6=-1
MedalsInx7=-1
MedalsInx8=-1
HeadIdx=3
HeadTgaIdx=0
BodyIdx=0
BodyTgaIdx=1 ;change this value with the number you will find in the uniform
+ add 1 (if uniform name = 06_OFF_Body01_D.tga) type 7 there.
HasHelmet=Yes ;change this value if you want a hat or not use 'No' or 'Yes'
HelmetIdx=0
HelmetTgaIdx=0
VoiceIdx=3

Good Hunting.

XIII
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea, and I have an idea and we exchange ideas each of us will have two ideas. G.B.Shaw

Last edited by dertien; 04-07-08 at 07:00 AM. Reason: update
dertien is offline   Reply With Quote