View Single Post
Old 05-25-10, 05:25 PM   #8
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
I figured out what the 14 hour offset deal is. Whether you start in base or at sea, the time the patrol starts is always 14:00 if you have the start time set to 00:00. I assume it adds the 14 hours regardless of what start time you set. The timer then starts counting from there.

EDIT: Which basically is what peabody told me, and I didn't notice.

I would call that a bug.
I don't want to burst your bubble, although I did start at 1400, twice I started on Dec 1 and twice I started Dec 2.

So yes it does not start at midnight, so you are correct there, but like I mentioned, when you had the mission written for 1940-1-1 it used the mission date, not the date in the PO.cfg and the message would have been 1.9 years late. So from the testing I have done, it seems to be the difference between the mission start date and the actual start date. Which would could be taken into account in a single mission (quick mission) but not in the Campaign, since they start you when they want to.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote