View Single Post
Old 03-27-09, 04:31 PM   #25
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontos View Post
Thank all of you for the information. I guess now my over all and final question is; For someone like me who has never driven a tank before except like in "Steel Fury" (which doesn't compare to "Steel Beast"), and my knowledge of computers is not that great, would it be worth buying, or is "Steel Beast Pro" still a good sim. for a old rookie? I wish they had a demo. you could play. I'm sorry for these questions, I just don't want to get over my head.
the tanks are not as difficult to handle as for example managing the avionics in the Falcon 4.0 pit. The challenge in SBP lies in tactics. Regarding that it is totally different than what you may expect after Tank Platoon II by microprose or Steel Fury. steering a tank in this sim is easy,, and there is no mystery in handling the guns, both with and without technical assistance - it's and issue of routine. Reading the map in the vertical, to time and synchronise your forces, doing a good work in tactical planning - that is what makes it a sim with a challenging learning curve. You will die a lot without even knopwing why and how. Hang on, and you'll improve. This sim is no game you get tired of playing after some months. This is business you will keep attached to for years to come. Much help to find in this forum and the forum at eSim, so if you feel intimidated or helpless, just ask. there will always be several guys helping you out.