View Single Post
Old 05-10-18, 06:07 AM   #4
Jace11
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1

Wow, found it!

Thanks, I had looked at the same exact byte before several times but dismissed it (without testing it) because it was a +ve number and too large, but it turns out it was in feet too! Probably a unit conversion routine somewhere. I know the units for a controllable platform are set in the controllers but I was expecting the raw value to be -ve and in meters.

As for periscopes, after your comment I remembered I'd read something a long time ago that multiple values combine to put the peri about 1-2 meters out the water when fully extended but I didn't know which - though it does make sense that it would be those.

In other news...

I've been looking at trying to improve a few textures for the RA mod. Here's an example, the Han Class, the model is decent but the RAmod texture is a bit basic. The image below is basically a cut/paste and rearrangement of the texture from cold waters, but I'm not going to upload because its not really a mod - and its basically stealing a texture from another game (a game I like and play myself). But the image is just to show what the models could look like with a bit of effort.

Last edited by Jace11; 06-04-18 at 03:52 PM.
Jace11 is offline   Reply With Quote