Thread: IL2 1946 Boring
View Single Post
Old 01-13-07, 12:54 PM   #27
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Well, I'm also looking at it from a reconnaissance standpoint. One of the strong features of Combat Flight Simulator 3 and Falcon 4.0 is you can develop a memory for what is out in the battlefield. You start recognizing buildings and areas that are hot spots where you can see where your forces are not holding lines. After bombing a certain area you can fly around recon for more targets or threats to your forces for upcomming missions that you create and plan from a tactical standpoint. (Instead of hitting a small area with a few obvious targets that limits any sort of tactical strategy)

IL2 dynamic campaign generators just place forces back and forth in wider predefined areas. I tried it and its still not as exciting as a larger campaign engine where you can watch troops that move in realtime over a huge area. I feel like I am actually providing CAS in Falcon and CFS3 whereas in IL2 its like playing electronic battleship. Once you complete one map you move to the next. Its just boring in my opinion.

WW2 Online is another example of an excellent battlefield environment where you can provide close air support, recon flights, and dynamically help an actual warfront.

Also objects you can attack actually function for the campaign. IL2 they just count as a statistic. You hit a bridge in Falcon 4.0 or CFS3 it actually cuts off supply and stops troop movements from reaching the front lines. In IL2 it doesn't do anything and is the reason noone attacks them in multiplayer.

Last edited by Tikigod; 01-13-07 at 04:33 PM.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote