View Single Post
Old 11-02-18, 08:40 AM   #7
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildrtran View Post
Hello all, I have the Uboat missions version of SH4, is there a fan fix for the time compression glitch I keep getting on my patrols? My rig is pretty decent, I7 intel, 12 gigs ram, gtx 960. I already tried the LAA program it made the game load faster but it still doesnt fix the stuttering issue I get when I'm in the middle of a patrol near a busy enemy port.

Also, this only happens so far on the US campaign. DOes this also happen on the Uboat campaign missions/patrols?
I have a pretty good rig myself, but have always encountered TC-related stuttering near busy ports. I've found that it will generally disappear once I get 25nm from the port (Pearl, Midway, plus many Japanese cities with ports). They are high traffic areas that consume resources like crazy!

As for the U-Boat missions, the same occurs when near a busy port, especially Singapore and Fremantle. A bigger problem with the U-Boat missions is the amount of traffic in the Indian and South Indian Oceans. The number of friendly and enemy task forces is totally unreal. When you combine that with incessant air cover out of land bases and ship-borne planes, travelling through either one becomes near-intolerable. I spent a lot of time underwater, with very little time to recharge batteries, even in the dead of night. Every plane is radar equipped and heading dead for you. Takes the joy out of the gameplay, IMHO. It is impossible to recharge batteries when within 100-200 miles of Fremantle. I know it is an important base for the Allies, but really??? End of U-Boat Missions rant!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote