Obi-Don
Watch

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
1) Clean out your Documents folder
2) Uninstall the game
3) go to (if I remember correctly) C:\Program Files (x86)\UPlay and delete it. I don't exactly remember the location as I'm at work and can't check it (it is somewhere in Program Files - the launcher itself has a folder. It must go. It will elliminate ALL of your saved games forever.. Well, untill you save new ones).
4) repeat what Silent recommended

In the future, you can use TDW's .exe patcher that now fixes this annoying pain!
Thanks Targor but still no joy. I did what you suggested. I didn't mention earlier that I originally purchased the game through Game Stop. After I deleted the uplay I had to download it from Game Stop again, and their version seems to have some issue. It wouldn't start at all, it would kick me back to the uplay launcher and give an error message, and something about a debug, I posted about that error a few days ago on this thread but got no replies. So i deleted everything AGAIN except the uplay launcher, then downloaded it from uplay, started the game, and it works, AND this time it doesn't sync my old saves, it appears I have a clean new install. So I update to 1.2, start a game again,it works. Load jsgme and sobers mod list start again, forget to edit the config file and it won't let me skip the tutorial, exit, edit the config file, restart, skip the tutorial, start a new campaign, and same thing, loads for 60 sec. or so and boots back to the uplay screen and says thanks for playing Really don't know what to do at this point, spent most of the last two days trying to get this to work, REALLY want to play with openhorizions but .... Anyway thanks to all of you here at Subsim, you guys are great and clearly trying to help, any other suggestions?
Obi-Don is offline   Reply With Quote