View Single Post
Old 08-31-14, 12:05 AM   #9
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolferz View Post
If it were me, I'd be talking to a lawyer about your state Lemon Law and get my money back to go buy a Dodge Ram or a Toyota Tacoma..
ford and dodge are just as bad so it would be a Tacoma for my next one, I just prefer regular cabs and they no longer make regular cab tacomas, you cant even special order one.

as to lemon law in Louisiana you need a record of 4 unsuccessful repairs for the same problem then it takes 8 months to a year to finally get resolution which is just to force them to give you a replacement vehicle with equal or greater value and equipt so the only way to get your money back is if they no longer make the vehicle or you can convince the judge they cant give you a vehicle that wont still have the same problem.

whats worse is at some point in the repair process they sent a GM representative to test and measure the vibration while you drive and no matter how bad it vibrates he will lie and say the meter didn't register anything and "all the trucks do it" so its a normal condition, and once that happens as far as GM is concerned its case closed and your SOL because unless its a road safety issue that makes it so you cant drive it then its not something the "have to" fix so just because it drives like crap and vibrates doesn't mean its not safe to drive so its not covered by warranty since its not a defect but its called "normal" for all the trucks.

long story short a design defect that makes it drive or feel like crap is not a safety issue you can sue over.

basic solution I see is let them try the list of things that work for some people and pray im one of the lucky ones and it fixes mine, if not aftyer 4 repairs file a lemon law claim and the usually offer to swap the truck out for another one and that's ok with me IF the other one doesn't vibrate.

if all of the above isn't resolving the situation then it will be this time next year so I will go trade it in on a leftover 2015 as they put em on sale to make room for the new 2016's

if you wonder how wide spread this is look at the GM forums complaints http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topi...ration-issues/ it starts when they first came out last year and goes on for 185 pages of em to get caught up to recent posts like today. its amazing what these guys have gone through and how some were treated by GM

but look on the bright side, chevy has some super great deals on the remaining 2014 silverados still in stock so you can get one real cheap right now

Last edited by Webster; 08-31-14 at 12:17 AM.