View Single Post
Old 04-07-11, 10:37 PM   #1
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Default Just played first mission

OK, so I can say I have played a mission now and I enjoyed it. First thing I like was being able to select 1920X1200 resolution. Wish I could do the same in DW. Anyway first let me say everyone moaning and complaining should at least play it first. It is pretty fun and the missions are pretty short.

I took the triton first and within minutes had forgotten what my capabilities were. Working on a little hand written cheat-sheet as I type this.

Gained contact right off and just slid into his starboard quarter slightly overtaking. Pinging MF every couple minutes. Got the order to break contact. Didn't really open on him but slowed and suspended pinging. Got the lost contact but looking at the tactical got cold feet and rushed in to regain him before being told to do so.

Ended up having to run east at 15kts for a while breaking contact later when traffic had cleared area of pursuit. Finally got the command to regain did so and while sprinting in to try and obtain HF contact got word of the turnover and ended mission.

I thin it was a little over 7600 points, pretty lame but I wasn't really playing very seriously. I have a few gripes but some are probably just me not knowing what to press yet. Like speed hot keys for one? Are there just two stations? The control station screen just really doesn't feel comfortable/informative/powerful in a way I really like.

Anyway got to get to work on my cheat sheet for the UVs.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote