Thread: Subnautica
View Single Post
Old 08-30-18, 02:36 PM   #26
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

A definite buy for me. I really loved Subnautica. I enjoyed the whole ride.

Assuming the new one is at least as good as the first one, it's a no-brainer for me.

There are so many great things about it. The graphics, the exploration, the discovery. I was amazed by the beauty and diversity of the various biomes, and felt compelled to explore every inch of the map. I had a blast building my bases too.

I make it a point to judge games on what they are, not what they are not or what I wish they were. So while I can think of many ways Subnautica could have been better, for me, I still had a great time playing this game. For me it was one of those games that grabbed me, when maybe I didn't think it would. XCom and Borderlands 2 were the same way. Didn't know what to expect exactly, or whether I would like it, then proceeded to drop hundreds of hours in to it. Love those sorts of games.

Just a shot o my 'main' base for my Subnautica run. I had various smaller bases in different locations, but this was the main one. Dual moonpools, and all the trappings of your run-of-the-mill everyday living, research and construction base on an alien planet. And underwater too

Great game, looking forward to the next adventure.

Wow, pic was way too big. Clicky. This shot was in mid-construction it would appear. No second moonpool yet for example, alot less glass than it would have later on

Subnautica Main Base

And from a different angle. Base had two structures above the water, to remind me that life existed above the surface, and was thermal powered. Shot taken from inside the Prawn mech suit, with the Cyclops sub to the right.

Different angle, and daytime

Last edited by Threadfin; 08-30-18 at 02:51 PM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote