View Single Post
Old 12-23-17, 04:28 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Hi TheBrebster, thank you a lot to give me your inside of a map setup. That's what I also mark, and now I have found a tutorial about how to use the chronometer to measure the target speed (start chrono at the right-end of ship, stop chronometer at left-end of ship, then use the measure tool of the chrono by right-clicking on it; you need to know to target lenght shown in the book).

Identifying ships:
The recon book is launched with E , and there is also a mod to make the crew identify ships which is faster (I need to find that one). Then I use the book to send info to TDC.

But big question now: Starting with your map setup, and once all data is in the TDC (bearing, range, ship identity, speed), then am I ready to launch torpedos *whatever course changes my sub makes afterwards* when playing manual or Auto TDC ? What if I get in a better firing position by changing my sub's heading, will I need to update the TDC or is this done automatically?

Could you please tell me what UI setup you are using? I see in your picture above the 5 tool pickups on the left, but in my 'SH3 UI' these do NOT appear for some reason. Thanks!

Thanks,
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote