View Single Post
Old 12-26-17, 08:02 AM   #5640
yyzBegonia
Gunner

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Alright, I do hope you are still sane, yyzBegonia... After playing the mission three separate times myself, and getting bombed to smithereens (RIP Pat D) all three times, I finally saw through the smoke, and noticed the "details" of the mission... sheesh... Let me describe for you the mission...

There is a "Zone", a circle that when your submarine crosses the line, it "trips" the events that occur, such as spawning the planes and the "survivors", so the "Date" stuff has no bearing on how things transpire. I already knew that. easy-peasy. There are two American groups of five planes each; one of Wildcats, one of Dauntless. They come out of the South. There are four groups of Japanese planes, five each: one of Zeroes, one of Kates, 2 of Vals... Twenty Jap planes, that come out of the Northeast. The US planes fly over, then fly back. That's it. One trip in, one trip out. The "survivors" then show up on the map, as detected - 18 of them, btw, which means that not that many planes should be going back... hmmm. However, all four of the Japanese plane groups are set to a criss-cross pattern over the Zone, set on a continuous loop... Ooops! Once they start, they do NOT stop. Planes do not run out of fuel in the game... If you survived long enough, the planes would fly overhead until after the game ~ENDS~! Like, until December 31st, 1945... The only way they "die", is if you shoot them down, or they crash into each other. Yikes!!! This is a mission I did not alter. However, one of us "experts" should have caught it... so who shall we blame today?... hmmm... could it be... ME!... propbeanie did it (or, in this case, didn't do it).

I'm going to experiment a little, and try to have the planes fly over for just a set amount of time, but I might just have to set them to a certain number of loops, and then quit... Timing it would be better - if it works... Later - Another change coming, courtesy of vigilant beta testing! Thank you yyzBegonia
Ooops! That's it! Anyway your findings make me so proud that I could survive those nuclear-powered Japanese planes!