View Single Post
Old 01-04-17, 11:14 PM   #1
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Default I am highly anticipating this release

I have been skulking around in the dark corners of the ocean spying this unsuspecting title through my periscope for a while now and i am very interested in what it has to offer. This sort of release anticipation has not been one i have felt since silent hunter III was announced so many years ago.

Of the greatest fascination to me is the new approach to crew management and the "views" that allow the player to interact with boat and crew.

i think the "cut away" view is a novel concept and brings back memories of playing microprose's B-17: The Mighty Eighth. the cut away view concept has been one that few games i have known of in a long time to take advantage of.

additionally, the elimination of time compression is an interesting concept. It is my understanding that the world is "shrunken" in some way to accommodate faster gameplay thereby eliminating the need for time compression.

One concern i do have is the campaign. one really great thing about many of this game's predecessors is the "dynamic campaign", it is a mistake that Silent Hunter V fell into by heavily scripting the campaigns. I would like to have the option to free roam a patrol area in the hopes of searchin for viable targets.

additionally a more active/intelligent BdU, which sends the player good information and responses to radio traffic would be fantastic

from the looks of things, this game is going to be something of Silent Hunter III meets Commandos

Very much looking forward to playing this title and giving a good write up of it here in the forums.

so, what about the game has you excited?